Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy 100th Post!

I'm sorry I haven't posted recently, it's just that the first post of the new year and the 100th post seemed to call for something really good and interesting. And I was home, so I thought it was more important to spend time with people and watch crappy TV in English than post a blog. But I'm back now, and the crappy TV is in German, and it's SO FREAKING COLD HERE that I don't want to be outside. But it is sunny, and the snow is sort of pretty. I'll give you that.



Right, so as you can probably tell by now the pressure of making this post interesting was too much, so I'm going with the same stream of consciousness style I usually use. Saves actual editing.

So, on to important things. Katy had a baby and I got a haircut on the same day! Amazing right! Two major life events happening at once. Here's a picture of both, taken with Katy's camera at the hospital. I think I like the baby better than the haircut, but I'm trying to remember that some bald child will be happy.


Here's another picture of Tracey, Melissa, and me on New Year's Eve. I guess it was actually New Year's Day at this point. What's really alarming is that this is by far the best picture of me from that evening. I think in the future photographs should be taken at the beginning of the evening. As Melissa points out, we make glasses look sexy.


The other good news is that my friend Sara defended her dissertation on Tuesday, and I got to see it right before I left. She did a fantastic job. And Amisha (my former roommate) flew in for it, so I got to see her too.

Other than the bitter cold (I don't have long underwear, so I'm wearing two pairs of pants right now) things are back to normal here. I'm over the jet lag, I think. It's good to see everyone again, but it's really sad not to know when I'm coming home again. On the plus side, Dr. Sara sent me an e-mail asking which week is good for her to come visit me, so I have something to look forward to. Plus, I'm going to a conference in Nice at the end of January. Overall, life is good.

Happy 2009!

No comments: