Wednesday, October 14, 2009

La Casa de los Gatos

While Jenny is hanging around in Florida, I'm keeping her cats. Due to my sister's allergies (and my mother's belief that animals are supposed to live outside), I've never lived with cats before. There are two of them, and yet it seems like there are so many more. At first they would disappear behind the bed for long stretches of time, causing me to believe that they'd jumped off the balcony, but now they're more comfortable with me and they rarely hide anymore. Here's a picture of Ebony in a drawer.

She likes it there. Also, at first I tied the doors to my wardrobe closed so that she couldn't get in, but she spent all night tugging at the door, so now I've given up and she sleeps on my sweaters. Also, I found cat hair on my orange this morning (sort of alarming, because I had just peeled the orange - either it was contaminated really quickly or somehow they managed to get hair inside the orange peel).

I have a picture of the other cat, Mattie, which I'll post soon. She's harder to catch, since she doesn't often hold still for a picture.

6 comments:

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

i believe that cats are capable of planting their hair within the unpeeled fruit

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

emily, you and sybil vane are sharing a life this week. AMAZING

Trip said...

Snuggles and Cutie-pie would be jealous.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my babies! I hope they are being good for you.

anaeromyxo said...

Two cats in a 1 BR apt. sounds furry. It seems ridiculous, I know, but I insist that they require their own room. (1) For primary hair deposition location and (2) for their stinky-ass poop box. My cats are taking omega 3s now. It's supposed to help their dry skin.

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

as far as houseplants as companions go. I know that emily and i killed a cactus. thank goodness cats can fend for themselves and my dog can tell me if we forgot to feed her. And Emily, do you think that bonsai tree committed suicide, somehow knowing its ultimate fate?