Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall Back

It's still a week away in the U.S., but here in Germany we set our clocks back an hour this weekend. I was in Goettingen, visiting Ko. Actually, neither of us realized it until almost time to get my train on Sunday. Fortunately, Ko discovered the time change, and we decided to go for a walk around the fields north of Goettingen.

I think we made the right choice about what to do with our extra hour. The weather was sunny (!), and not too cold, the leaves are changing colors, and the light had that specific quality that sunlight has in the fall - warm and sort of golden. Sadly, I didn't bring my camera with me, so you'll just have to believe me.

That's sort of what this post is about. What are you going to do with your extra hour? Sleep? Read? Get some extra work done? People always want more time, and once a year we get a little bit of it. Enjoy!

****UPDATE*****

Here's Charles suggestion about what to do with the extra hour:

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow, you are sounding very ... what's the right word? serene?... upbeat?... whimsical?... I don't know, I forget words, but it is good :)

Anonymous said...

I think the word is 'poetic'