Wednesday, November 4, 2009

7 Quick Things

It's list time! Which is probably why I should sign up for twitter, since my thoughts rarely take more than 140 characters. Oh well. This way I can save them up.

1. I can't stop reading the comments on this post. Read into it what you will.

2. My mom sent me some temporary Halloween tattoos. Ergo, I have a tattoo of a bat on my neck. I think it make me look dangery.

3. I have sent away 9 job applications this week, bringing me to 30% of my goal. I plan to send 4 more out today, which would get me 43% of the way there.

4. I need to get a gift for Ko's parents when I visit them at the end of this month. His mother can't eat gluten or sugar. Ideas?

5. Damn, flights are expensive this year. How much is a direct flight home for Christmas really worth?

6. I thought I might have been somewhat unique in having fall as my favorite season. Turns out that I'm with the majority of my blog readers.

7. Stollen is already in the stores here, and I've really come to enjoy it. I'll miss it next year.

7 comments:

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

I would LOVE to follow you on twitter.

Re: Fall, why do you think we're your friends?

Trip home, ask you mom: PRICELESS

Ko's mom: Rice Crackers. shall I do some shopping in the american gluetin free stores?

anaeromyxo said...

I, so far, have avoided twitter. Not sure how I would feel if you switched and stopped blogging. Sad, I think.

Knit Ko's mom a scarf, of course, I think. Things I have purchased for Kevin's mom include: beach towel/bag for the cruise that one year, velvet scarf and gloves, bat house (which she specifically wanted), bath salts, chocolates. Not sure she uses any of them but, to be fair, I only use about 25% of the things she has gotten for me. We don't really know each other well yet.

What about cheese?

H said...

I am on twitter! (heathermwhitney and hwhitneyphdcu)

I am afraid to look at the blogpost. I saw that it dealt with kidlessness.

Anonymous said...

Ok Emily,

I'm sorry I've failed to look at your blog, but not coming home for christmas is a bit drastic. Plus, there will be a big guy in your bed this holiday season...and it won't be Mr. Claus, so that is also something to look forward to. I just read a theoretical book on "embodied shame" and it made me feel really disgusted (and I have to admit...a little ashamed) about being so ashamed about my body...frustrating, I wish you were here to share...

Also, the cat pumpkin makes me want to throwup, and seeing that nasty black thing in your drawers (where you keep your clothes!!!)...well Sammy and I are both dissapointed. I'm uploading pictures of mike and I in our halloween costumes as we speak...so get excited as they will be emailed to you directly.

Love you mean it,

SP

Jenny said...

I got Fredrik's parents a bottle of German wine. Also, I'm shocked to read Sara's venemous comments about my adorable, sweet, and always well behaved kitty ;)

Anonymous said...

All I want for Christmas is for you to come home. Really. Honestly... no joke... We ALL would count your coming home as our present.... We miss you so much... Mom

biophd said...

No, no! I'm coming home! Don't worry. I'm just deciding how much it's worth to me not to have to sit for 4 hours in a New Jersey airport or something. Should I spend the extra money to get a direct flight.

Do you think Sammy will be able to smell the cat on me?