Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!!

This year I celebrated a really low key Halloween. No costumes, no party. However, I did show Ko and Charles how to carve pumpkins. It was the first time for both of them. Here they are, hard at work:

Ko and Charles are actually both very detail oriented people, so this is exactly the sort of thing that they do really well. They're the most impressive first time pumpkins ever. Of course, many people first carve pumpkins as children, so they have that advantage. Here's the finished product. Can you guess who carved which pumpkin? Here's a hint - mine is a pumpkin portrait of someone who vomited on my bed the day before.


And then Charles brought some very fancy cheese over, and we ate it. Delicious. Here's Charles doing some fancy scraping thing to prepare the tête de moine (monk's head) cheese.



I'm going to end this post now, so that I can light the pumpkins again. I know that Halloween is over, but I won't get another chance to next year, so I'm going to enjoy the eerie glow.

4 comments:

H said...

Awww, this reminds me of when we did that pumpkin carving contest in the FAB at King (and I think we won???)

Jenny said...

They look great! Good job guys! My pumpkin only lasted about 3 days before it started to rot onto the porch (FL weather):)

biophd said...

We did win! I think we got a basket of muffins for winning in the "most charming" category.

anaeromyxo said...

"most charming" is a category that you win every time, Emily ;) Seriously, that's one charming cat pumpkin. I was just backtracking through the past several Halloweens with Tracey. There were some awesome costumes all 'round!