Monday, March 22, 2010

Get to know me, 2010 edition

Mom sent this to me today, and rather than ignore it like I usually do, I'm posting it on my blog. Actually, I'm pretty sure I did this last year also. Anyway, here it is. And, if you reading it consider posting it yourself. Or not. Whatever.

Welcome to the 2010 edition of getting to know your Friends. ' press FORWARD then change all the answers so they apply to you, and then send this to your friends including the person who sent it to you. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends that you might not have known!

1. What time did you get up this morning?

6:30


2. Diamonds or pearls?

Pearls, not that I own either.


3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?

"Men Who Stare at Goats" or, as it was advertised "Männer die auf Ziegen starren (OmU)"

4. What is your favorite TV show?

Whatever I'm watching at the time. Currently, "Star Trek Voyager"

5. What do you usually have for breakfast

An English Muffin with cheese or peanutbutter or something.

6. What is your middle name?

Katherine


7. What food do you dislike?

Boiled Eggs


8. What is your favorite CD at the moment?

Old 97's "Hit By A Train"

9. What kind of car do you drive?

My feet

11. What characteristic do you despise?

People who talk baby talk to non-babies

12. Favorite item of clothing?

hooded sweatshirt

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?

New Zealand

14. Favorite brand of clothing?

Banana Republic

15. Where would you retire?

Retirement is not even something I can conceive of.

16. What was your most memorable birthday?

I'm not sure, but I'm going to an Opera in Berlin for the next one (30 - yikes!)

17. Favorite sport to watch?

Anything short that doesn't require me to pay attention for a long time. Like bull riding or luge.

18. Furthest place you are sending this?

How far does the internet go?

19. Person you expect to send it back first?

I think Sara T. did it last year.

20. When is your birthday?

May 23

21. Are you a morning person or a night person?

I think afternoon

22. What is your shoe size?

Oh, man! Fine 12.

23. Pets?

Sammy is coming to live with me when I move back to the U.S. But none currently.

24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us?

I'm going to Atlanta for a job interview tomorrow. And I should be packing instead of this.

25. What did you want to be when u grew up?

An astronaut. What else?

26. How are you today?

Thirsty. Also, forgetful. I left my wallet in the lab this afternoon.

27. What is your favorite candy?

Chocolate and pepperment

28. What is your favorite flower?

Daffodils


29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to?

The day I get a job. Not actually on the calendar, but whatever.

30. What are you listening to right now?

My itunes on shuffle. At the moment it's a song from Les Mis

31. What was the last thing you ate?

Some of the chocolate cherry cake that Katha made

32. Do you wish on stars?

not usually

33. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

green

34. How is the weather right now?

warmish (60s) and overcast

35. The first person you spoke to on the phone today

Jenny. When I called to ask if she'd bring my wallet home from the lab

36. Favorite soft drink?

Coke Light

37. Favorite restaurant?

Maybe the currywust stand? Or the American Bar. I like french fries. I'm so sophisticated

38. Real hair color?

brown

39. What was your favorite toy as a child?

my yellow blanket

40. Summer or winter?

summer

41. Hugs or kisses

hugs

42. Chocolate or Vanilla?

chocolate

43. Coffee or tea?

coffee

44. Do you want your friends to email you back

sure

45. When was the last time you cried?

Walking down the street on my way to work this week, listening to a book on tape. One of the main characters died.

46. What is under your bed?

shoes

47. What did you do last night?

Started packing, then watched an episode of Voyager

48. What are you afraid of?

Not having health insurance next year

49. Salty or sweet?

Salty

50. How many keys on your key ring?

8

51. How many years at your current job?

Two

52. Favorite day of the week?

Saturday

53. How many towns have you lived in?

5

54. Do you make friends easily?

usually

55. How many people will you send this to?

Don't know, 10?

56. How many will respond?

How should I know?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Did you mean to say "Coke light" or has "diet Coke" permanently left your vocabulary? :)

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

funny--I thought she meant Coke Zero.
Emily, I can't wait to see you!