Sunday, August 30, 2009

Butterfly in the Sky

I heard on NPR that Friday was the last day of Reading Rainbow. Apparently, there's a shift in focus away from teaching the love of reading and towards teaching the how of reading. It was on for 26 years - starting in 1983. Anyway, I thought I'd take the time to thank PBS and LeVar Burton for making this show. I suppose that today's kids have other TV shows, but allow me a moment of nostalgia here.

Also, Reading Rainbow had a kick ass theme song. But you don't have to take my word for it:

2 comments:

Trip said...

It is a great theme song....it'll be in my head all day now.

anaeromyxo said...

I loved that show. Although, my favorite part was when LeVar read the book and that happened really early on in the show, such that it could easily be missed. My least favorite part happened at the end, which was the kid book reviews. My dad loved the kid book reviews.