Friday, January 1, 2010

10 minute break post

I'm rewarding myself for practicing my job talk with this short break to post update my loyal readers about my life. I have a job interview next week. I'm excited, but also nervous. Especially since I get to do a research presentation and teach a class. It's sort of tricky, since the students won't actually be there, but we'll see how it goes. Anyway, research presentation is made. Lesson plans will be prepared after they tell me what the subject is. I'm trying to be cool about it.

In other news, Sammy got a haircut. He hasn't stopped shivering since. He's curled up in my down coat on the chair beside me shivering right now. It's possibly the most pathetic thing ever.

I discovered a new TV show this morning. It's called "Dancing Your Ass Off." Have other people seen that? It's where fat people compete to loose weight through dancing. Kind of awesome. I'm a little concerned that when I move back to the U.S. I won't be able to handle the English TV, and I'll just sit in front of it all day, drooling.

I hope that people had nice New Year's Eves. Mine was lame but pleasant. Mom and I made hamburgers and guacamole and watched a 30 Rock marathon. I just wasn't excited about the possibility of going to a bar. Jeez. I'm an old lady already.

No comments: