Friday, November 14, 2008

Political Limericks

It's been months since I decided to put my thoughts into verse... I'm sure that you've all been suffering. I keep thinking I'll write a sonnet, but 14 is a lot of lines. Instead I'm going to stick with my favorite art form, the limerick.

The economy suffered some trauma,
which lead to more election drama.
"Save us!" We cried
The last president lied.
We're counting on hope from Obama.

They thought that they'd find it smooth sailin'
But soon in the polls they were trailin'.
In Alaska she's right,
But down here she's a fright.
The VP can not be Ms. Palin.

The world heaves a sigh of relief
That the man who has caused so much grief
Our old friend George W.
Can no longer trouble you
There's a brand new commander in chief.

If anyone wants to write their own limericks (about politics or anything else) send them to me and I'll post them. But if you send me one that includes the word "Nantucket" I'll know it's not original. This is a family blog people. Let's keep it clean(ish).

2 comments:

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

Oh I needed this laugh. Thank you.

anaeromyxo said...

http://chronicle.com/news/index.php?id=5494&utm_source=pm&utm_medium=en