Monday, March 23, 2009

Snuggie!

Sorry I've been bad about posting of late. But now both my temporary undergrad student (Sophie) and my friend (Tracey) are gone, and I've got time/feel less guilty about writing blogs in the lab. Hopefully Tracey will send me some pictures and I'll do a post about our adventures in Germany (that is, if she survived the plane ride home - are you still alive Tracey?), but in the meantime I have something even better to share with you.

Sarah sent me a package. It contained a box of girl scout cookies (which shall remain unopened until Easter), a book light, and (best of all) a Snuggie! Here I am, wearing it in my lab.


Over Christmas, I was drawn in by the infomercials for the snuggie. See, it's a blanket that has sleeves. How brilliant is that? And the people in the infomercials seem so happy! They can read and knit and everything - but their arms don't get cold.

Here, I'll show you:


Her arms look really warm, don't you think? Anyway, I think that of all the packages I've ever gotten in the lab, this one has inspired the most jealousy. And amusement.

And, since I've come down with Tracey's cold, the snuggie will be particularly useful during my convalescence. My plan is to go home after my meeting this afternoon and hand around drinking hot tea in my snuggie.

Thanks, Sarah! It's an awesome present.

7 comments:

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

since i get a lot of grief about my "capes" already, i may have to pass on acquiring a snuggly of my own. but it reminds me of this blanket with snaps a girl found in high school and she would run around the theatre in it like a muppet. hilarious.

anaeromyxo said...

The fact that you saw this snuggie and didn't immediately think of the smell of sweaty polyester just demonstrates that you and I are different in that way.

Anonymous said...

I'm still alive! I'm sorry you caught my cold. :( I miss you. I'll send you pictures soon!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Emily,

I just saw your blog. I wear my snuggie often too...people I think bash the snuggie because they are jealous. I heard a recent news story about how people were sueing the snuggie company, claiming that they had invented a blanket with sleeves long ago. I'm glad you like it, and the free book light :)

SP

Quinton said...

La question la plus importante selon moi est, bien sûr, quelle reponse est-ce que tu as supprimé? C'est dommage car je sais qu'elle serait être interressant!

biophd said...

Sorry, Q. Just spam. So far no actual people have made any controversial comments about the snuggie.