Saturday, July 11, 2009

Dispatches from the couch

Quinton and I are hanging out for a while, since we've finished packing the car and vacuuming and stuff. When Mom gets off work we'll head down to Florida. We managed to get everything in the car - only one unpacking event when we realized that we forgot to include the beach chairs.

So far my time in the U.S. has been pleasant. It's warm here. In Germany my feet are always cold if I'm not wearing socks. Now I don't have to worry about that.

I bought some bathing suits yesterday. It was traumatic. I managed to get two, but it involved a lot of staring critically at my body in the mirror. From the experience, I can recommend that no one look too closely at the back of my thighs. It's not pretty - I should know. I guess that's the other nice thing about Germany. A person doesn't have to wear a bathing suit so often when their feet are cold.

What else? So far I've eaten some tacos, biscuits and gravy, and pimento cheese. I've also decided to open another restaurant in Germany. In addition to the taco stand and the deli I think Jena needs a barbecue joint. I think I can probably manage it with the money I'll make from my vending machine empire.

Also, American television is awesome. For example, I'm watching a commercial now about how to "lift and firm your booty" by doing "flirty girl dancing." Lots of hip gyrating. Apparently it involved a chair dance, and for advance students, a stripper pole. I'm wondering if it could do something about the back of my thighs.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Have fun in FL. Enjoy the sun... there isn't any here!

anaeromyxo said...

Every woman hates the back of her thighs. In addition, based on the latest short shorts trend, I can tell you that very few women should unnecessarily bare them. Fortunately for me, my thighs rub together too much for short shorts so I haven't worn them recently, even accidentally or to the gym...actually, not only do they rub together, but if the shorts are tight, the material will actually roll up to my crotch in its attempt to avoid being stretched around my thighs. Cute.