Monday, July 6, 2009

Just a quick note...

Hey everyone! I think I have something like 54 hours before I begin my journey home. It starts when Goeran drive me to Erfurt at something like 4 Thursday morning. Obviously, I will love him forever for this (but not in a weird way, in case he's reading). My train leaves from Erfurt at 5:18, and arrives in the Frankfurt airport at 7:50. My flight leaves at 9:45, and from then it's just a quick 10 or so hours before I arrive at Atlanta's Hartsfield Jackson International Airport (or, ATL).

International travel is exhausting. I can say that because I'm so worldly and well traveled - sophisticated, one might say. Especially since I was wearing a cowboy hat, star stickers on my face, and the colors of the flag while I was dancing around the yard waving a sparkler and singing "God Bless the USA" this weekend. Unfortunately, no pictures. But you've got that mental image to keep with you.

Right, so I'm trying to get some things done this week before I go, so if I didn't e-mail you back it's both because I'm a bad person and because I'm trying to get a rough draft of a paper written before I go. I'll be home at 1:55 on Thursday and leave at 4:25 Tuesday the 21. Call me. I'll have my U.S. cell phone. Georg is German in his thinking and believes that no work should be done over a holiday, so I'm going to keep to that, but at some point I'll be going with my family to Jekyll island for a few days. I've seen the ocean in the past year, but it was cold and that seems wrong, somehow.

Wow. Boring post. Also, if I had a stalker they'd probably be able to track me down, which is kind of creepy. Anyway, I'll see you all soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea!!!! I'm so excited about seeing you! The beach will be great too, but not as great as seeing you again. I'll see you at the airport!

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

Can you come from the airport to my house? How about if I promise to invite Sarah over and have a bucket of cold beer waiting on the deck?

biophd said...

I'll call you when I get in, Katy. We're going to the eyebrow place, I think (I have to stay awake until bedtime), which is right by your house. Then I think we're going to get tacos. It'll be quite a day.

AmyL said...

Enjoy your visit! Wish I were in Atlanta to see you :(