Monday, June 9, 2008

Different Strokes

I'm sorry I've been slow with posting recently, but having visitors seriously cuts into my slacking off time. We took a day trip on Saturday, and since both Mom and Aunt Diane have functioning cameras I'll edit this post soon and add picture. Just let me say for now that Mom and I have a different picture taking philosophy than Aunt Diane. Here's a little tidbit of the conversations.

Mom: "Let's take a picture on the alter. You can sacrifice me."

Me: "Good idea - it's pretty high, can you get up there?"

Mom: "Yes, okay - now hold your hand above me like you're going to stab me."

Me: "Come on, Aunt Diane, take the picture quickly before they send us away."

Diane: "You two are idiots."

But she took the picture.


Now, when she wanted to take a picture it was something like this.

Diane: "Oh, look at the houses nestled among the mountains. I could paint that."

Me or Mom: "Do you want us in the picture?"

Diane: "No."

Me/Mom: "Oh...."



See! Different picture taking philosophies. Hopefully tomorrow I'll put some pictures in the post to share with you. The alter one turned out well, but not as well as the "dancing on the stage one."



We also took a picture of someone that we didn't know at all, in honor of Quinton's picture taking philosophy.


5 comments:

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

hee hee hee

Anonymous said...

Amazing.

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

I like! You didn't tell us where the day trip was to, did you?

Anonymous said...

Why does a picture of my sister pretending to sacrafice her mother on an altar make me miss you both so much?

Also, the picture of you too dancing would be better without Mom's purse in the bottom right hand side...maybe you could crop that out to make it look more "authentic"

anaeromyxo said...

Those pictures are terrific! I'm going to have to try more stunts in future pictures. My nephew really likes appropriate gestures/expressions in photos (i.e., roaring with teeth and finger claws bared in a zoo photo). Maybe he can give me some tips.