Tuesday, June 17, 2008

More Pictures!

Have any of you been to Frankfurt? I have. It was exciting, sort of, to be in a city again. I saw a Mexican restaurant! Unfortunately the Mom and Aunt Diane have eaten Mexican food recently, so we ended up going to have schnitzel and apfelwein.

Here are some things you might like to know about Frankurt.

1) It's a major banking center. And they have a giant statue of the Euro sign in the park.

There were other statues nearby, which are less related to Frankfurt, but were more fun, if your primary objective was to embarrass your aunt.



2) In Frankfurt they eat some Rinderwurst - some sort of beef sausage. We agree that the wurst in Jena is better. This is me, eating a sausage. Hehehehe. Aunt Diane does not seem amused.




3) Some history and stuff happened here. Here are some pictures that may or may not be related to that. I think the statue is of Karl de Grosse (or something). Who knows? At this point some people from Chattanooga TN came up to us and asked where we were from. Since we didn't want to be associated with American tourists (yuck!) we resolved immediately to buy better shoes and speak in softer voices. Anyway, we had to get out of there kindof quickly.




4) We took Aunt Diane to the airport today. Sad, but I think that she missed her grandchildren, and so she was ready to go. Goodbye Aunt Diane! This picture wasn't taken in Frankfurt, but it's one of the few I have of us together, so I'm posting it as my goodbye picture.

2 comments:

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

yay!
I have been to Frankfurt, by the way. We visited Deustchebank headquarters and ate sack lunches in a lovely park. Today I am trying to understand factor analysis.

I wonder if your Aunt Diane was unamused because of the *way* you were eating that sausage. Looked kind of big.

anaeromyxo said...

I love love love the photo with you guys in the eyes of that face. You have to figure out some way to spice up vacation photos. Otherwise, despite how appealing you think they are now, you will never want to look at them again.