Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Football Quarterfinals

Okay football fans, I need your help again. I found this e-mail in my inbox this morning.

Hi,

tomorrow the quarter finals will start. I need your bets for the
following games

Portugal - Deutschland
Kroatien - Türkei
Spanien - Italien
(the last one will follow tomorrow)

If you bet a result like 2:1, it doesn't matter whether the game ends
after 90 or 120 minutes. If you bet a draw, please tell me who will win
the penalty shootout.


Cheers!


The last game will be between the Netherlands and whichever team wins tonight between Russia and Sweden.

Currently I'm somewhere in the middle. I'm four points out of first place, so it's still possible. But more
importantly, I'm currently tied with Carsten, and he since doesn't want to loose to a girl (especially girls who
know nothing about football), I'd really like to beat him. Thanks team.

Is anyone watching the game there? I'm considering dying my hair in Germany's colors. But since it's not looking
good against Portugal, maybe that would be premature.

3 comments:

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

I'm watching, Emily. Bet Germany to beat Portugal, 2-1.

Croatia to beat Turkey (can't help you on score, though) maybe 3-3, croatia wins shootout?

Spain beats Italy, 1-0

Netherlands goes through v. Sweden or Russia.

anaeromyxo said...

You know who is watching the games in my laboratory. I have ceased to keep up. I got confused about the group play and I've never recovered.

Tom said...

Now, I am too late to bet on the Germany game, but it shouldn't have been hard to predict.

Turkey should not even have gotten this far, Croatia wins 3-0

This is not going to help if you are looking for consensus, but I think Italy 1-0.

Good beginners luck!
-Tom