Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'm not saying I'd like to build a summer home here

Guess what! I figured out how to put a poll on my blog! So because we're watching "The Princess Bride" at movie night tonight, I've put up a relevant poll. It turns out that this film is not really a cult classic outside of the U.S. Jenny and I (okay, mostly me, but I included her so I don't seem like such a total dork) have been quoting it to prepare the other members of the group. The idea with the poll in general is that those of you who read this blog without posting comments (Aunt Diane - this means you) can participate without having to think of something to say.

Also, Jenny put up some pictures of our trip to Berlin, so if you're interested you should head over there and check it out. There are lots of other pictures, and a video of the madness following Germany's victory in the football semifinals.

Also, last night I went to glaze the pottery that I made a couple of months ago. I'll post pictures when it's finished. You'll be, um, appreciative of the effort, but perhaps not overwhelmed by my talent.

2 comments:

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

Love the poll. Also, I need to point out that the sand is disgusting, and the R.O.U.S.'s can be eliminated through violence, while fighting the sand is fighting nature. Also, as Wesley points out, the fire spurts announce themselves with the sputtering noise. So, clearly, the sand is the worst thing about the fire swamp.

Jenny said...

Hallelujah Sista! That's what I'm saying! You have a chance to beat the R.O.U.S.'s, but you can't beat the lightning sand. However, I think that being chewed to death by a Rodent of Unusual Size would be worse than dying of suffocation in the sand.