Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Recap of the past few days

Sadly, I went with Mom to the train station this morning to see her off. I'm alone again. Well, sort of. I've got friends and stuff, but I'll be sleeping by myself. Which, as always, is both a plus and a minus. Anyway, I'm a bit sleepy, since we got up at 4 to make it to the station. Hey! You guys were probably still awake, since it was only 10 pm.

Has anyone noticed the Blog archive thingy over there to the left? I posted 17 times in April, 13 times in May, and 1o times in June. There's a trend here, but with only 3 data points I'm not sure if it's statistically significant. Okay, I'm a huge geek - with a p-value of 0.052 it just misses the threshold, but I'm sure it's because of the lack of data. Here's the graph:



I don't have enough data to determine if non-linear regression would be a better fit, but perhaps in the coming months.

Okay, we'll since Friday several things have happened. First, Germany lost. It's very sad, but even worse is that Carsten came in second place - ahead of every girl. To his credit, he didn't gloat. Even so, I felt the need to point out that the reason he beat me is that I wasn't willing to betray the German people and vote for Spain in the final game. Like, ahem, some people. So here's a picture of the group watching the game on Sunday.



It's a little blurry, but from right to left it's Matt, Francois (not sure how to do the curly thing on the c), me, Jenny, Sebastian, and Jenny's Aunt Meg. Mom was taking the picture.

The other thing I thought I'd share with you are the pictures of my freshly painted apartment. This is the original blog about it. Make sure you notice the wall color. Mom and I decided that the best choice was the light blue in the bedspread (although the green color was seriously considered). We walked up to OBI (a Home Depoesque store) and bought paint. To get it home we put it in a rolling suitcase - a technique I had developed for transporting my microwave.

Here's a picture of the test splotches:


And here are some "painting in progress" pictures:




Clearly Mom was taking the pictures. She's good at that. I keep forgetting. And now (drum roll, please) the finished apartment:











What do you think? Clearly I need to put some stuff on the wall. But in general, I think it's cheerful. Oh, and the walls that you can't see in the pictures are white. It makes it a little less overwhelming.

Now, to bring this (rather lengthy) post full circle, let me announce that I just talked to Mom and that she's made it safely to Frankfurt and is sitting at the gate, waiting to board the plane. Goodbye Mom! I miss you already. Here's a picture of us together that she likes. I obviously love her to post it, since it's much better of her than it is of me.


This is in the park in Potsdam.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that blue. It makes the room look ginormous.

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

That's so the same color as Nell's room in St. Louis. I also love the color. Its happy...you can think about sunshine during the winter. :)

I can't chide you about your blogging, because I've been a terrible blogger recently, but don't stop posting, its one of my favorite reads.