Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Guess what came in the mail this morning?

It's so cold here. I think the high today is something like 12. I mean, that's in Celsius, but it still seems so cold when I ride my bike to work. Which reminds me...I need to invest in some wind resistant gloves.



It doesn't look so bad, but it really, really is. Maybe the wind, or the fact that it's SEPTEMBER, but I'm having a hard time already.

So I needed to do something to cheer myself up. Actually, I did this a while ago, but it took a while to come. So this morning, I walked to the post office to pick up a little present for myself...



Anyway, Jenny wanted to watch it with me, but we can't start tonight or tomorrow because she's busy, and I'm going out of town this weekend. Looks like it'll have to be next week.

Also, just as an aside - what's with you people who voted for a president that you can drink a beer with? Who is that? Are the Germans voting for that? Because you know that was the rationale behind electing G.W. Bush. Also, I don't think I have 17 readers (and I know for sure that at least one of you voted more than once), so I suspect it's possible that one person could have voted for the BEER multiple times. I'm thinking about a new poll. If anyone has ideas you can let me know.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to stop reading your blog over the RSS feed because it doesn't show me these exciting polls. From here on out, I am browsing to your page directly! Because your blog is that special to me.

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

http://www.duluthtrading.com/?sectionpath=2/3&processor=content&action=nopost&p_keyword=gloves&p_pagesize=68&p_pagenum=1&p_initialhits=68&filter=639

Find yourself some gloves here. :)

You should get another package soon, I hope. I'm lame, and didn't pay for tracking.

Also, I confess, it was me voting for beer. I wasn't voting because its how I choose, I was voting because I think its the funniest cliche.

anaeromyxo said...

Awe, Die Icoplette serie. You can remember forever how you got that in Germany. Hooray.

Anonymous said...

I voted for beer (which I ALWAYS do). But only once. However, I would never drink a beer with Bush.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I voted "coffee". Like a true Gilmore Girl. ;)

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

I'm looking forward to the Baltic sea post