Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Road Trip Songs

Somehow I keep thinking of the roadtrip lists. So I've decided to do a few of my own. Some of them are ridiculously obvious, but I'm open to suggestions.

Songs for striking out:

On the Road Again - Willie Nelson
Colorado Woman - Caroline Herring
Route 66 - Chuck Berry
King of the Road - Roger Miller
Get out the Map - The Indigo Girls

Songs for coming home:

I've Got a Name - Jim Croce
Heaven When We're Home - The Wailin' Jennys
Early Mornin' Rain - Peter, Paul & Mary
Childhood Memories - Iris DeMent
Wagon Wheel - Old Crow Medicine Show

Songs of Longing/Searching:


Teenage Feeling - Neko Case
Not California - Hem
Long Way - Antje Duvekot
So Desperate - The Mountain Goats
Frozen Bed - Sonia Leigh

4 comments:

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

For starting out I like that ubiquitous cranberries song (its on during the "morning sequence" in You've Got Mail. And going home I like the West Virginia John Denver song.

anaeromyxo said...

Kevin likes "Ramblin' Man" by the Allman Brothers.

anaeromyxo said...

the cranberries song on the you've got mail soundtrack is called 'dreams'. i would have said that the ubiquitous cranberries song would be 'linger.'

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

yeah, that's true. i was thinking of songs that make me think of 'starting things'