Saturday, September 27, 2008

Of Dreams and Donuts

I'm supposed to meet Jenny at a bar (to hear a rockabilly band) at 10, and I needed to do a thing in the lab at 8:30. So in the meantime I'm drinking some coffee to try and stay away past 11, and trying not to get freaked out by how dark and creepy it is alone in the lab at night. I could also do something productive, but I realize that it's been a while since I told you about my dreams, so here's the one I had last night:

I was back at GT walking from the lobby to my office. Gathered around the elevator were a bunch of current grad students speaking to each other in German. I stood there for a while listening to them and trying to figure out what they were saying, but no luck. I felt really left out. But the dream got better because when I went down the hall there were three dozen Krispy Kreme donuts. At first I thought that they were for everyone to share, but then I realized that everyone got three dozen donuts. I ate one, but the dream donut didn't taste as good as the real thing.

That's it. I think I must be at home here. For the most part my dreams now take place in Germany, and clearly Germany infiltrates even my American dreams. Probably I can take two things away from this dream. First - I like donuts. Second - I should probably do my German homework.

5 comments:

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

I like donuts too. I think maybe I'll have one tomorrow for breakfast. :)

anaeromyxo said...

do you have donuts there?

biophd said...

Yes. We have donuts. And they're good, just not quite the same. They're sugary and have jam inside. There are also Crullers.

anaeromyxo said...

So, are they like powdered jelly donuts or still different from that?

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

the best jelly donut I have ever had I had in Heidelberg...mmmmmm...didn't get a donut yesterday, just a pumpkin muffin...maybe tomorrow.