Friday, February 27, 2009

Research Theme Song? What do you think?

I think I may have a very special post for you soon (look over at the poll for a hint as to what it may be about). But in the meantime, I'm going to fill some space by sharing a potential new theme song with you. It turns out that on Neko Case's new album there's a song called "Red Tide."



Pretty awesome, right? If you follow this link you can here it. Turns out that the lyrics aren't all about the Red Tide, but at some point I think they say "The red tide is over, the mollusks have won."

I think that's nice. I also like it when science creeps into song lyrics. Like the Mountain Goats song "Autoclave." Listen here.

I would also like to take this moment to point out that NPR's music site is delightful (I was going to say awesome, but twice in one post seems excessive).

1 comment:

anaeromyxo said...

What about "They Might Be Giants?" Particle Man is a classic fantastic science song.