Thursday, April 2, 2009

Canada is in good hands....

I was watching CNN the other day, and one of the reporters was going around showing New Yorkers pictures of G20 leaders and asking them to give the name and country of the leader. I can do most of the European ones, but even the reporter got some of them wrong. Anyway, my favorite picture he showed is this one (I managed to find it on the internet later).

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Stephen Harper, prime minister of Canada. Why is he wearing a sweater, when all of the other leaders had ties? More importantly, what's the deal with the cat? Doesn't the photo look like it came from an internet dating site? Frankly, this picture is more youth minister than prime minister.

Anyway, my subconscious must have gotten stuck on that idea, because I had a dream that Mr. Harper was leading an English prayer service in Berlin. This is the sort of thing that happens when the only English TV station you get is CNN. You start dreaming about Canada's prime minister.

4 comments:

Garadiol said...

Canada is a very nice country
Canada is a very nice country
Canada is a very nice country
....

Melissa said...

That cat looks like it was shoved unwillingly into Mr. Harper's arms. And the fireplace in the background is a nice touch.

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

my sister has a picture from third grade that looks exactly like that.

anaeromyxo said...

I saw Mr. Harper on a weekend political talkshow recently and found him to be much much more reasonable than the Americans I'd been seeing all day. I heard him talking and looked up, saying, "This guy seems pretty great." And Kevin said, "Well, he's the prime minister of Canada, I guess he's pretty smart." I don't see why Kevin always has to be a smartass...