Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Birthday

As Katy points out, my birthday is Friday.

I feel a little bad writing about this, since I totally forgot Amisha's birthday. Happy Birthday Amisha! This is the first one we've spent apart in a while. Does it make you sad? Let me know if you can think of anything German that you'd like. I can send you some Kinder bars in the mail. Can someone tell Amisha that this blog has a paragraph dedicated to her? I don't want to assume that she checks this everyday like the rest of you losers, um, I mean, friends.

Anyway, I tell you that it's my birthday not to remind people, but so you can share in my excitement. I got a package!! Fortunately, my webcam camera still works, so I took a picture of it for you.

It arrived yesterday and I haven't opened it yet, which is a pretty impressive display of restraint. Unfortunately, there are still 2 more days until I'm allowed. Hopefully I'll be able to hold out.

One of the unfortunate things about sending international packages is that you have to declare the contents. If you click on the picture to make it big, you can probably see that Mom has sent me "clothes, dvd, earrings" - all of which I'm excited about. And, since I haven't opened it yet, I don't know which clothes, dvds, or earrings I'm getting.

Thanks Mom - it's pretty exciting to get packages here. I promise that I won't open it until Friday.

Also, although it's unrelated, I want to point out that I added some links over there on the left. If I didn't list your blog it was unintentional, I promise. Also, if I did list your blog and you don't want it there, let me know and I'll move it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was aware that your birthday is coming - Amisha wrote both hers and yours on my calendar. "Amisha's Fabulous Birthday" and "Emily's Ghetto Birthday". However, I wanted to let you know that I've had the makings of a birthday package laying around my apartment for awhile. It won't get to you by Friday; in fact, it won't get sent by Friday, but it's coming! It won't be as cool as Fran's though...

I about fell over yesterday when I saw your comment on my blog. I didn't know anyone went there anymore. I've actually been contemplating a new one. I wrote the first entry but am still trying to figure out if I want to do it. It's very similar to the 365 project - there are a lot of strange people out here!! But anyway, you can take my sock blog off for sure. I haven't knitted in ages... except for that time that Sara and I got together to pretend like we don't cry all the time because you're gone.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :)

biophd said...

Okay, it's gone. No more knitting adventures. And of course my birthday is going to be ghetto this year - I doubt there's a cheesy tater tot in all of Jena, but more importantly, you guys won't be here to eat them with me. What's up with that?

Let me know when you start your new blog. I still think that'd be a cool project - especially if you included hot girl.

anaeromyxo said...

Geez, I'm going to have to get to work on my blog if you're going to put it on there. I'll write about my garden...

anaeromyxo said...

OK, done. You can look if you want. I put up pictures.

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

maybe we should start a People Who Cry Because Emily's Gone.

Emily--did Sarah tell you we ran into one another on the quad last week?

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Remember to take a picture of yourself and the contents of the package so we can see you shock and delight!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY! We miss you terribly and I am sending you a big birthday smooch right now.

What do Germans do for their birthdays? I imagine them being very stoic and aloof about the whole idea of a celebration with cake and stuff and thinking that such silliness is stupid... this is the stereotype I have in my head, not based on any real experience of my own.

I think that if you're going for the ghetto birthday, you should really consider getting a big bottle of beer, putting it in a brown paper bag and walking around town drinking it and asking people if they are named "Peter". Also you might do this on bicycle...