Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What's up with you?

I don't really have much to say (perhaps a bad sign for the future of the blog), so I'll just give you some tidbits about my life.

1) Do you guys like The Mountain Goats? I was vaguely aware of them before I came here, but recently I've been listening a lot. I think it might be irritating to other people, but this is the advantage of separate labs. Anyway, here they are:

I think I'm especially fond of the lyrics. They're frequently featured on NPR. Check out the song featured here. Something may be wrong with me, but I walk around happily singing "I hope you die. I hope we both die." I don't mean it, but it's so catchy.

2) Quinton is turning 21 on Friday. I don't think he reads this blog, so I'll tell you that I bought him a card and some German candy (although it's apparently made in Italy) to send to him. But I don't think it's going to make it in time. Also, I'm scared of the people at the post office. Sie verstehen kein English. It's going to be exhausting.

3) I read a whole book last night. It was not a productive use of my time. The title "The Man of My Dreams" might give you a hint as to why. Don't worry, though. The moral of the story was that you have to find happiness within yourself. No man can do it for you. So that was uplifting.

2 comments:

anaeromyxo said...

I do really like the Mountain Goats. I got their music at the same time as Neutral Milk Hotel and I get them confused in my mind. I think also because they're sort of similar.

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

You didn't mention that YOUR birthday is on Friday too. Which means I need to get your card in the mail...crap...

What do you eat in Germany? Are you cooking for yourself?