Tuesday, August 26, 2008

In which the word "sass" or some derivative is used eight times

Those of you who know me know that my particular knitting style can be characterized primarily as "lazy." I don't like to used knitting needles smaller than U.S. size 8, and I'm not really into things like "counting stitches" or "following patterns." The result is that, while Tracey doesn't do shitty work, I do it almost exclusively. For example, I recently knitted a hat. The pattern claimed that the brim was for "maximum sass." People, let this be a warning. Don't try to achieve maximum sass. I think that my sass quota is very low indeed. I'm going to stick with a minimum of sass. There's no picture of the hat. I'm just not sassy enough to pull it off.

Anyway, Kristina was nice enough to direct me to a yarn store, where I purchased materials for leg warmers. Right, you're thinking that in order to wear something so very, um, distinctive, a person must have at least some level of sass (and we've already established that I don't). But I've heard that it's cold here in the winter, and my other option is to purchase some long underwear. I'll probably do that too, but in the meantime check out the beginning of my very functional leg warmers.

The fulfill all my requirements - knitted on size 10.5 needles, no pattern, and only a minimum amount of counting (every 6 rows for a new cable twist).

Anyway, I think that they're going to be as cute as can be expected of legwarmers (and sassy, too!), but I'm a little concerned that I'm not going to be able to pull them off. My thought it that I'll wear them under my jeans. Wide legs are in now, right? What do you think? I was perusing the internet for pictures of leg warmers, and I doubt I have enough sass to pull these looks off.



On the other hand, maybe I can convince people that it's very stylish in the U.S. Being an alien has it's advantages.

4 comments:

anaeromyxo said...

I find you to be extremely sassy and I think that, if you wore the leg warmers over the top of your pants, it would be just terrific. You have a long and lean silhouette that will suit them perfectly. I might, then consider the green satin shoes, the brown boots, or some other streamlined shoe. I bet now you're wishing you'd kept those Target custom jeans with the narrow legs to wear underneath.

anaeromyxo said...

P.S. Too bad you didn't hang on to the mummy costume...Medusa worked pretty well for me that one year. All you need is a few small rubber snakes.

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

You can do it!

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

I wanted to post again to see if my avatar came up...I'm such a follower.