Thursday, April 10, 2008

Limericks

I know St. Patrick's day was a long time ago, but Melissa wrote a series of frog limericks
- and I don't have anything else to share with you today. I apologize for their general lameness.

First, we have an autobiographical verse with a built in plug for this blog:

There once was an Atlanta girl
who gave living in Europe a whirl.
Check this blog every day
to see what she'll say
and to watch her adventures unfurl.

The rhymes are a little tortured in this one:

I walked in to get out of the storm
and a chance for my feet to get warm
but in front was a man
with a pen in his hand
and he forced me to fill out a form.

And another weather related limerick:

The rain here in Jena's a drag
My morale is starting to sag
I pray for some days
of the sun's friendly rays
or I'll be a cranky old hag.

In the fine limerick tradition there's a racier version of the last one, but since I'm not sure who my reading audience is exactly, you'll have to contact me individually to see it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Emily has a blog! The limericks are awesome as usual, and yes, I want the racy one. Send it to me!

Anonymous said...

The limmericks are really quite catchy. I think I'll use them with my kids when I teach poetry. Of course they would probably prefer the racier version, but I think I'll be above that and use the regular version.

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

I want the racy one too. . . but I'm not going to use it as an early literacy tool...I swear too much already.

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

here's one for you:


hmmm...wait, I'll work on a haiku, I can't figure our what to rhyme with Germany

biophd said...

I couldn't rhyme with Germany either, which is why none of the limericks end with that. "Girl" was surprisingly difficult also.