Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunshine

I've complained a lot about the weather in Jena, but this weekend has been incredibly beautiful. It's sunny, it's warm, there are dandelions everywhere...so even though I'm sorry to have missed the Inman Park festival this year this weather has improved my mood.

So to celebrate the good weather I spent the day outside today. First, I went to the botanical gardens.


Here's a picture in which you can see Jena's Intershop tower in the background.
















I walked around for a bit, the sat on a bench and read a book. Here's the bench.









And I also took a picture of myself. Does it look like I'm naked in this picture? I promise, I'm not. But I was wearing a tank top. It was that warm.


After the botanical gardens I came into the lab, fully intending to get some work done. But then Carsten invited me to go on a hike with him and his girlfriend (I asked if they have the expression"third wheel" in German. Apparently they do, but he claims that I'm not). So I did. We hiked up a mountain just outside of the city, and went a tower that's a memorial to Bismark. But I didn't take a camera, so you have to settle for some other picture of the botanical gardens.




There's been some talk of making weekly Sunday afternoon outings for the group. I'm for it, obviously.

No comments: