Friday, April 11, 2008

Sigh...

Some of you out there may have a desperate person in your life. A person that you try to avoid when you get the group together for lunch. This person may eagerly emerge from his/her office at the sound of voices in the hallway. This person may ask, with an overly casual voice, "so... anyone got any plans for this weekend?" People - I am that person. I don't think anyone is actually avoiding me yet but unless I can reign in my desperate need for human interaction it's going to happen. In fact, I find myself having long conversations with the guy who was formerly the most desperate person in the lab. I only understand every third word or so, but I'm just so happy to talk to someone.

Anyway, I've managed to find plans for this evening... I'm going to an Irish/punk/country/hardcore/rock n'roll/reggae band. I've got absolutely no idea what the music will be, or even what some of those genres are. But before that I've roped another lab member into taking me to by a monthly bus pass. Good times. Anyway, I'll update you all tomorrow on tonight's dual excitement of the bus pass and multi-genre band.

3 comments:

Reforming Soccer Mom said...

I've got my lip stuck out pouting for you. . . .do you have a DVD player? Can you invite people over for greasy american food? does your phone work? can I call you?

Anonymous said...

I think you are misreading things.. I mean, I think the voices in the hall are intentionally outside your doorway in the hopes you will come out and talk to them. I mean, I personally know you, and I can't imagine anyone NOT wanting tospend time with you! In fact, I think they may be waiting to make plans until they find out what you want to do...The fact that I believe you are pretty wonderful to hang out with is completely unbiased and based on many years of knowing you. Besides, who could resist the humor in watching you struggle with the German language?

biophd said...

My phone does work, but I'd rather people not call, since it costs too much. If you want to talk to me (and who wouldn't?) you should download skype on your computer. It's free.

As for watching me struggle with the German language, I think it makes people wince. They're like it's "Ich" and I say "Ich" and they say, not, it's "Ich" and it goes on like that for a while.